2021 Fleet Review Information
Oct 19-25 2021
To just print out the registrations form click here
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2021, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
· Join your tour guide on the motor coach and visit the Norfolk Naval Base, which is part of Naval
Station Norfolk - the largest naval installation in the world. Home port to 59 ships, ranging in size from aircraft carriers to submarines, 18 aircraft squadrons and headquarters of the Atlantic Fleet, this naval complex occupies over 8,000 acres of land and is home to more than 70,000 military personnel. A Navy personnel will board the coach and take you past the 14 piers, through the Naval Air Station, and the historic homes built for the 1907 Jamestown Exposition on “Admiral’s Row” which now house the flag officers.
· Then, travel to one of Virginia Beach's most revered attractions, the Military Aviation Museum, home to one of the largest private collections of World War II and Korean War era fighters, bombers, trainers and seaplanes in the world. Many aircraft have been fully restored to their World War II condition and are used for flight demonstration, movie production or commercials. Enjoy a guided tour of the galleries and shopping in the gift shop which is stocked with all things flight related. A boxed lunch will be enjoyed while at the museum.
PRICE: $75.00 PER PERSON, INCLUSIVE. INCLUDES BOXED LUNCH.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2021, 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
· Travel with your tour guide to downtown Norfolk, where guests will cruise on the Victory Rover
as you travel through the bustling Hampton Roads Harbor, one of the largest in the world. Enjoy fascinating and entertaining commentary during the two-hour excursion aboard this naval themed vessel. Take in the sights of aircraft carriers, nuclear submarines, guided cruisers and all of the other ships that form the world's most powerful armada. A boxed lunch will be served
· Next visit Nauticus, a nautical museum, where guests will learn about the power of the sea, experience ship handling first hand and pet a shark. Visit the museum and then enjoy a self-guided tour of the Battleship Wisconsin—the largest battleship that served in WWII, the Korean War and the Persian Gulf War.
· Then, visit the MacArthur Memorial for a glimpse into our country’s history. Here you will view
the outstanding collection housed in Norfolk's historic city hall which trace the life and achievements of five-star General Douglas MacArthur. You will also have the opportunity to view the short film which chronicles the General’s life. The General and Mrs. MacArthur are entombed in the rotunda of the memorial. Nine separate galleries arranged in two levels circle the rotunda and tell the story of General MacArthur and the millions of American men and women
who served in the United States Armed Forces from the Civil War through the Korean War. A gift shop with unique memorabilia is located on the premises.
PRICE: $95.00 PER PERSON, INCLUSIVE. INCLUDES BOXED LUNCH.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2021, 9:30 AM – 2:45 PM
· Board the motor coach with your tour guide and spend the morning at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens in its fall glory. Take a trackless tram to explore 155-acres of rare flowers, mature forests and one of the largest collections of azaleas, camellias, and roses on the East Coast.
· Then enjoy a lunch cruise aboard the Spirit of Norfolk. Feast on a sumptuous buffet and enjoy the many fascinating sights as you cruise through the Hampton Roads Harbor.
PRICE: $109.00 PER PERSON, INCLUSIVE. INCLUDES LUNCH.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2021, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
· Depart via motor coach for the charming town of Williamsburg. Your tour guide will provide interesting and informative narration during the ride about the historic Virginia Peninsula and the Coastal Virginia area. Tour this living museum, with a half-day admission ticket providing entry into the many exhibition buildings, including the Capitol and the Governor’s Palace. Tour historic homes, public buildings and 18th century craft shops where costumed hosts recreate the sights and sounds of America 200 years ago.
· Guests will also enjoy free time to have lunch on their own and shop and browse in the many unique specialty shops in Merchants Square. High quality apparel, gifts, jewelry, beautiful furniture and holiday decorations are but a few of the offerings found in this quaint, picturesque shopping area. Guests may dine on their own in one of the Colonial Taverns or in Merchants Square. The guide will point out all of the dining options as they pass through town.
· In the afternoon, visit the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown, which tells anew the story of the nation’s founding, from the twilight of the colonial period to the dawn of the Constitution and beyond. Exciting new indoor galleries feature period artifacts, immersive environments, interactive exhibits and films, including “The Siege of Yorktown,” with a 180-degree surround screen and dramatic special effects.
In the outdoor living-history areas, guests can witness artillery demonstrations, drill with wooden muskets at a re-created Continental Army encampment and explore a Revolution-era farm based on a real-life 18th-century family.
PRICE: $85.00 PER PERSON, INCLUSIVE. LUNCH ON OWN.
· Please Note: Any guests requiring special arrangements (dietary, physically disabled) must make us aware of their needs in advance, otherwise, we will not be able to guarantee that they will be accommodated. Those guests with physical disabilities should have someone traveling with them to assist physically. Colonial Connections staff and motor coach drivers cannot accept responsibility for lifting guests in and out of coaches.
· Please Note: All passengers visiting any military installation MUST have a picture ID (driver’s license, military ID, passport), and no bags other than pocketbooks or camera cases will be allowed on base. Please ask your guests not to bring any pocket knives, scissors, or nail files with them on tour. All persons are subject to personal search. Additional personal information may be required from each passenger, depending on the specific installation visited.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN REFERENCE TO ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY BASE VISITS
All passengers visiting any military installation MUST have a picture ID (driver’s license, military ID, passport), and no bags other than pocketbooks or camera cases will be allowed on base. Please ask your guests not to bring any pocket knives, scissors, or nail files with them on tour. All persons are subject to personal search.
Due to heightened security measures at all military installations, we must have a list of names with city and state of residence of those going on the tour when final counts are due, four weeks prior to tour date.
Additionally, all guests who have medical devices (pace makers, stents etc.) which cannot go through a security scanner must produce their medical card related to those appliances or they will not be allowed to continue on the tour.
DoubleTree by Hilton Norfolk Airport
1-757-466-8000 or 1-800-222-TREE
1500 N. Military Highway Norfolk, VA 23502
Please call the number above and reference the U.S. Seagoing Marines
Group Name: U.S. Seagoing Marines
Reunion Dates: October 19-25, 2021
Rates: $109.00 single, $119.00 double, $129.00 triple occupancy plus tax. Room rates include full American breakfasts, parking and internet service. Based on availability the rate will be honored three days before and three days after the event.
Cut off Date: Friday, September 18, 2021
Cancellation Policy: All reservations must be accompanied by a credit card guarantee. Cancelations must be received 48 hours or more prior to arrival.
Parking and Shuttle Information: Complimentary airport shuttle to and from Norfolk International Airport from 4AM-12AM. Local business shuttle within 3-mile radius, offered by request 10 AM-12 AM. Please call the hotel directly at 1-757-466-8000.
2021 SEAGOING MARINES FLEET REVIEW SIGN UP SHEET
October 18 through October 24, 2021
REUNION AND TOUR REGISTRATION
Please mail this registration form with your check payable to:
U.S. Seagoing Marines Association
C/O Bob Sollom, 136 Barnswallow Lane Stafford, VA 22556 / 540-840-9310
He needs the form and check by September 20 to make the final tour arrangements
Name (PLEASE PRINT) _______________________________________________________________________________
Tues Oct 19 9:00 AM-4:00 PM Norfolk Navy Base Tour/ Military Aviation Museum@$75pp$__________________
Wed Oct 20 10 AM-5:30PM VictoryRover/BattleshipWisconsin/MacArthMemorial@$95pp$_________________
Thur Oct 21 9:30 AM-2:45 PM Norfolk Botanical Gardens/Lunch cruise on Spirit of Norfolk@109pp$___________
Fri Oct 22 8:30 AM-5:30 PM Colonial Williamsburg/American Revolution Museum Yorktown @85pp$___________
MEALS (Breakfasts are included with the room rate)
Welcome Aboard Buffet Monday Oct 18 dinner choices includes salad, starch, vegetable, desert, beverage pick one;
Salmon, sweet soy glaze………………………………………………@$42pp $_____________
Herb baked chicken ……………………………………………………@$42pp$______________
Farewell Banquet Saturday Oct 23 (sides are the same as above)
Beef Tenderloin, Mushroom Burgundy Demi…………………………………………………….................................................@$42pp$_____________
Pasta Primavera, assorted grilled vegetables Marinara Sauce
Remember to make your hotel reservations at Hilton Norfolk Airport (800) 422-7474 by September 17 (mention you are with the Seagoing Marines)
2010 Fleet Review